The key criteria are:
- Width to be no more than half of the original house and must not be facing a side road (would then require planning permission).
- Maximum depth of 3m (if a semi) or 4m (if detached) – these can be doubled but would be subject to ‘neighbour consultation’ scheme and require ‘Prior Approval’ submission.
- Maximum eaves height of 3m and no-higher than the existing eaves with a maximum total height of 4m overall.
- The total area of non-original extensions must not exceed 50% of the area around the original house.
- Materials should be ‘of similar appearance to the original house.
- Changes can be made to existing rear facade to integrate the design as indicated on the visual.